Message from Tr.Amina Subject: Frecnh
Assalam Alaikum Dear Parents:
In French, we are working on our unit *Expo 1900*. We have learned about some great achievement of Francophone in the 19e century. We are reading also a variety of text as required in the French Ontario Curriculum.
The French periods are usually as follow:
1. Class discussion on the subject we are learning.
2. Listening activity: students listen to a dialogue or a skid and answer questions related to the listening activity.
3. Reading activity: we read the text (biography, Newspaper article, excerpt from an author novel)
4. Writing activity: students do activities found in their workbook.
5. Sometimes extra worksheets are given to students (BLM) and extra practice worksheets.
We have covered also 2 grammar concepts: the demonstrative adjectives and the negative form: *ne…pas de*.
Students are starting to work on their end of unit project. The outlines of this project are posted in the G8 blog.
All the activities are explained and modeled in class before any homework is assigned. Students are required to complete any unfinished in class work.
Homework, assignments, tests and projects are explained in details in class to the students and written on the board. Students are expected to write them on their agenda.
For any communication, oral or written, students are expected to use complete sentences.
For French tests, students have spelling sentences and grammar questions on concepts that where studied in class.
Students are informed about the test at least one week prior the testing day, to give them enough time to practice.
If you have any question you can contact me by calling the school or by email.
Jazakum Allah Kheiran for your cooperation